Saturday, January 16, 2010

Dansko Instep Rescue

I don't mean to focus on Dansko, but I own so many that I tend to want to share all I can so everyone loves them too! I guess I am a bit of a Dansko pusher : ) I know everyone has their own little foot issues, for me, I have a bone that sticks up on the top of my foot. It is hard for me to sometimes fit my foot into a Dansko clog. I have had the clog leave a bruise on the top of my foot because it was way too tight. The rest of the shoe felt great but it just sits right on that bone.

Well, if you are like me, I can help you. A customer about 3 years ago came into the store with a very similar problem. What she told me to do was to take out the foam that is inside the band that goes across your foot. So I tried it with one of my tight clogs. OMG!!!!!! That made all the difference in the world. I went ahead and performed this surgery on all my other Dansko clogs. It just takes a sharp knife and a little patience. The foam is glued down so you have to cut the entire length. Once you pull out the foam, just glue the leather back down. Trust me, it is pure heaven once that foam is gone!

I tried to take some pics - don't know if you can completely see what I am trying to say, but as always, feel free to give me a call, I would be happy to help you out.

and yes I know, my fingernails need a manicure : )

No comments:

Post a Comment