Saturday, January 4, 2014

Inventory Time

Inventory Time


Oh yes, January not only brings new shoes but it also brings inventory counting. That necessary evil. So what does that exactly mean? Well, two times a year, we count absolutely everything in the store and compare it to what our computer says. I know, technology is never wrong but you would be so surprised. So why are things off you ask? For a number of reasons - 

1) Unfortunately, we have people in this world that like to take things without paying for them - yep, the shoplifter. It is sad but true. It's a tough crime to prosecute too. So in the end, it is less money that I get to take home to feed my family and pay my bills. I could write a whole disorientation on how angry this makes me but a will save that for another post.

2) We input things in incorrectly all the time - we are human.

3) Then of course there is the occasional item that travels to my home and I forget to remove it. 

4) We sell the wrong item out of the computer. It happens. Again we are human.

So we get to spend our Saturday night and Sunday frantically counting before we reopen on Sunday afternoon. Crossing our fingers that nothing has been stolen and that we can explain all the differences in the computer. Best part - I always serve dinner and breakfast. Can't work on an empty stomach - of course none for me, just finished day 2 of the cleanse. So I just get to smell all the goodies. Trust me, the smell of the pizza tonight almost sent me over the edge : )  

No comments:

Post a Comment